Choose or pick the best possible domain name for your website is absolutely critical. Your domain name is approximately that deserves hours, if not days, of thought, and it’s no exaggeration to say that, in some circumstances, making the wrong choice can break a business. In short: Choosing or picking a domain name is something every website owner needs to ensure they get right — ideally before they do anything else, and ESPECIALLY if the website will be serving a commercial purpose.
In this post, we’ll walk you conclude how to choose or pick a domain name that will benefit your site using four simple steps and some helpful tools.
Why it pays to put some thought into your domain name?
There are tons of reasons it’s essential to choose a domain name carefully:
A unique, memorable name is more likely to stick with visitors and encourage them to return. Your domain name can instantly give new visitors (or search engine users) an idea of what your site is all about. Domain names have an impression on Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Changing your domain name later creating your site can lead to time-consuming complications.
10 Short tips for choosing perfect domain name is here.
- Make it easy to type.
- Keep it short.
- Use keywords.
- Target your area.
- Avoid numbers and hyphens.
- Be memorable.
- Research it.
- Use an appropriate domain name extension.
- Protect and build your brand.
- Act fast.
Now, i will go throw to the full process and i will explain everything below to help you pick the perfect domain name.
1. Make it easy to type & Keep it short:
If your domain name is extended and complex, you danger customers mistyping or misspelling it. Small and simple is the way to go. If you use slang (u instead of you) or words with several spellings (express vs. xpress), it might be harder for customers to find your site.
2. Use keywords:
Try using keywords that define your business and the services you offer. For example, if you’re a laptop replacement business, you may want to register LaptopRepair. ربح المال من الانترنت مجانا com or LaptopReplacement.com
3. Avoid numbers and hyphens:
Numbers and hyphens are habitually misunderstood — people who catch your website address don’t know if you’re using a numeral (5) or it’s spelled out (five) or they misplace or forget the dash.
4. Always Go for the .com:
Technically speaking, the .com is just one of several domain name extensions (TLDs) that are available (more on TLDs and other components of a domain name here). Some of the further popular options include, .net, .org, .co, .edu, .biz, or even things such as .shop, or .blog.
6. Choose a Brandable Name:
We all know that branding is crucial to long-term success, but what exactly makes a domain name brandable? There are many factors that come into play here, but the most important ones are as follows:
- A brandable name has no specific meaning (eg ‘Google’ is not a word, ‘YouTube isn’t one either).
- It’s unique — your competition doesn’t use anything similar. طريقة لعبة بينجو
- It’s easy to memorize — not too wordy, no complex vowel combinations.
7. Keep It Short, Simple, and Predictable:
So, we already talked about brandability (if that’s a word), but there are also some other, more general, characteristics of a quality domain name. The big four being:
- Short — preferably with fewer than 15(-ish) characters, excluding the TLD
- Simple — no hyphens, no underscores, no complicated words as part of the domain, or any other punctuation
- Just words — avoid using numbers unless absolutely necessary (for example, if it’s part of your brand name, such as 9gag.com)
- Predictable — no weird spellings (for example, if your name is tba and you want to make it part of your domain — such as tbaBlogs.com — every single time people will mistype it as tbaBlogs.com.
8. Buy the Common Misspellings of Your Domain:
This, however, can grow your annual domain bill even further, so it’s your call. In general, you’re going to be pretty safe if you just focus on a couple of the most likely misspellings of the domain.
9. Pick a Trustworthy Domain Registrar:
The domain registrar is a company that registers a domain name on your behalf, and then gives you full access to that domain name. The key with registrars is to only use respectable and trustworthy companies. You really don’t want to run into any domain problems further down the line — when your website’s brand is already established and losing the domain would mean trouble.
10. Protect and build your brand:
To guard your brand, you should purchase many domain extensions, as well as misspelled versions of your domain name. This prevents competitors from registering other types and ensures your customers are directed to your website, even if they mistype it.
Whew, okay, that was a percentage of reading! Still, I don’t want this list to be scary. Even reading through it just once and then observing down the most important takeaways will give you more than sufficient insight to be able to obtain your flawless domain name and do so safely.